Mississippi River: Minneapolis, MN
SCENIC RECREATION FROM AN UNCLAIMED INDUSTRIAL WATERFRONT
This project will return the river to the people and tie in nicely to the historic legacy of water power on the river front.
- Bill Tilton, Mississippi White Water Development Corporation
A New Vision for St. Anthony Falls – Minneapolis is in the process of reclaiming the Mississippi River waterfront. City leaders plan to create a whitewater centerpiece in a new riverfront park which will provide:
- Reliable water flow from St Anthony Falls Lock and Dam
- A design that works well at various flow levels
- Large waves whitewater for experts
- Family–oriented rafting with a return conveyor
- Great visibility from downtown Minneapolis and the historic stone arch bridge
Features of the whitewater course include protection from flooding and controlled hydraulics which are ideal for freestyle whitewater paddling.
Services Provided (as sub-consultant to SEH Inc. under contract with the Army Corps of Engineers) – Conceptual Design Alternatives / Stakeholder Input / Value Engineering
For more information, visit the Mississippi White Water Development Corporation.